Sunday, August 19, 2012

Let Go and Let God!

...or so the saying goes.  But how?  How do we actually "let go" and stop worrying?  Personally, I find it much easier said than done.  Where's the switch?  Distraction works best, but despite my best attempts the worry often creeps back and spoils whatever I am doing to distract myself from thinking, worrying, and obsessing about the thing causing me stress (which is usually work related). 

So, this is my new quest: How to stop the worrying and let go.  I suppose this is a lifelong process, unless of course they have medication to turn it off (which is not exaclty the ideal solution in my opinion).  Which brings me to my second quest: how to listen for God's messages and really hear what He is saying.  When times are tough is He simply testing our will and faith to make us stronger, or telling us to turn a corner and find a new direction?   

No comments:

Post a Comment